North Tyneside Care Plus is a new way of working with you to improve your health and wellbeing, bringing health care professionals, social care and voluntary services together to ensure you receive the best care.
- We are a community and mainly home based NHS service.
- We see the frail and elderly who are registered at a North Tyneside GP practice.
- We are a 9am-5pm weekday service.
- We are an award winning multidisciplinary team. (Consultant Geriatricians, GPs, Pharmacist, Community Matrons, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Health Care Assistant, Social Worker and Age UK)
- We receive referrals from GPs and other health professionals.
We aim to:
- Address frailty, health and wellbeing in the elderly.
- Promote independence and help patients remain in the own home.
- Reduce social isolation by linking patients to community activities.
- Set appropriate short term goals and work together with the patient until they are met.
- Educate patients as well as ourselves.
- Deliver high quality holistic care, tailored to patients’ needs.
- Work with patients and their families to avoid the need for an unnecessary trip to the hospital.
If you wish to speak to reception at North Tyneside Care Plus, please call 0191 6918777 (option 2)