The NHS in the north east and north Cumbria is reminding the public to have face coverings available to wear when they attend health care settings.
Face coverings should cover the mouth and nose while allowing the wearer to breathe comfortably and can be as simple as a scarf or bandana that ties behind the head to give a snug fit.
- Alongside wearing a face covering, people attending hospital settings are asked to:
- Wash their hands often and on entering and leaving the premises, use hand sanitiser if soap and water is not available
- Follow social distancing measures
- Adhere to guidance issued by the healthcare provider regarding attendance and/or visiting
- Come in alone, wherever possible