The British Lung Foundation is working in partnership with North Tyneside Council and NHS North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to deliver a Love Your Lungs campaign.
North Tyneside residents will be offered the chance to have a FREE lung test at one of the awareness & screening events where friendly, specialist nurses will be on hand to answer any questions.
This lung test is quick & painless and will give you an idea of how healthy your lungs are, anyone that may be at risk of lung disease will be referred onto their GP for further investigation.
The events can be found at the following locations
- Wednesday, 6th November, 4.30-9.30pm, Gala Bingo, Wallsend
- Thursday 7th November, 10-4pm, Asda Superstore, Benton
- Tuesday, 12th November, 10-4pm, The Forum Shopping Centre, Wallsend
- Wednesday, 13th November, 10-4pm, Tesco Extra, North Shields
- Wednesday, 20th November, 10-4pm, Tesco Extra, North Shields
- Thursday, 21st November, 10-4pm, Asda Superstore, Benton
At the events British Lung Foundation publications and information will be available and residents will have the opportunity to engage with local stop smoking services.