The NHS in North Tyneside and Public Health England (PHE) are well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services remain available to the public.
- Latest NHS heath advice on Coronavirus.
- Latest government advice about the response to the outbreak.
Further resources that you might find useful during the outbreak
To register your interest in becoming an NHS volunteer and help with activities such as pharmacy deliveries.
- Age UK North Tyneside – support group for carers during coronavirus
- Carers UK – Guidance for carers
- Adult carers – caring in quarantine fact sheet
- Young carers – caring during Covid-19 fact sheet
Children and young people
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff
- Mencap – Easy Read guide to Coronavirus
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing
- Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic
- Amaze – information pack for parents
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health – Covid 19 wellbeing resources
- Advice for parents and carers
The Black and Asian Famiy Covid-19 Helpline
Barnardo’s has launched a vital new support service which we believe will make a positive difference to the lives of many Black, Asian and minority ethnic children, young people and their families impacted by Covid-19.
This is a UK-wide helpline which will focus on issues specifically affecting children, young people and families from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, who as we all know, have been hardest hit by the pandemic. The new service is a free telephone helpline and web chat facility for children, young people and families from these communities who are suffering the long-lasting and wide-ranging impact of Covid-19. Barnardo’s specialist advisors will aim to provide on-going support on a complex range of issues including mental health, bereavement, family break-down, neglect, back to school, parenting advice, counselling, family stress, discrimination, barriers to services and more.