The Area Prescribing Committee (APC) was created in January 2007 when the Newcastle Drug and Therapeutics Committee and the Northumberland and North Tyneside Drug and Therapeutics Committee merged.
The APC allows us to work in partnership with each of the member organisations, focusing on the medicines management issues and local clinical decision making which affect primary care providers, acute hospitals, mental health, learning disabilities and social care.
The APC works on behalf of the following organisations:
- NHS Northumberland Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Newcastle North and East Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Newcastle West Clinical Commissioning Group
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
The North of Tyne Area prescribing committee website is here
Medicines with a positive NICE TAG recommendation are funded when deemed the appropriate clinical choice for patients.