North Tyneside CCG is committed to ensuring that all our patients, including children and young people, are cared for in a safe and secure environment. All staff that come into contact with children, young people and their families in their work has a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We adhere to the Care Quality Commission report guidelines for Safeguarding children and:
- Ensure our staff are safe to work with children and young people by carrying out Criminal Records Bureau checks
- Have single and multi-agency policies and procedures that are up-to-date and accessible
- Deliver a comprehensive programme of safeguarding training at all levels, across the organisation to all staff.
- Make sure that safeguarding procedures are reviewed annually to keep up-to-date
If you have a concern about a vulnerable child please contact social services on the numbers below.
The safeguarding children website can be found here.
North Tyneside CCG Safeguarding Team:
- Jan Hemingway, Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children – 0191 293 1171
- Dr Mike Vincent, Designated Doctor Safeguarding Children – 0344 811 8111
- Stephen Bruce, Designated Doctor Child Deaths – 0344 811 8111
- Dr Riaan Swanepoel, GP Lead Safeguarding Children – 0191 293 1194
- Anne Foreman, Designated Nurse Looked After Children – 0191 293 1164
Safeguarding children social services:
- Children’s social care (referrals) – 0345 2000 109
- Out of hours – 0191 200 6800