North Tyneside CCG is committed to ensuring that all our patients, including children and young people, are cared for in a safe and secure environment. All staff that come into contact with children, young people and their families in their work has a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We adhere to the Care Quality Commission report guidelines for Safeguarding children and:
- Ensure our staff are safe to work with children and young people by carrying out Criminal Records Bureau checks
- Have single and multi-agency policies and procedures that are up-to-date and accessible
- Deliver a comprehensive programme of safeguarding training at all levels, across the organisation to all staff.
- Make sure that safeguarding procedures are reviewed annually to keep up-to-date
If you have a concern about a vulnerable child please contact social services on the numbers below.
The safeguarding children website can be found here.
North Tyneside CCG Safeguarding Team:
- Jan Hemingway, Head of Safeguarding: Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children – 0191 293 1194
- Adrian Dracup, Designated Nurse Safeguarding Adults – 0191 293 1194
- Trish Grant, Lead Nurse Safeguarding Children and Adults – 0191 293 1194
- Anne Foreman, Designated Nurse Looked After Children – 0191 293 1194
- Dr Riaan Swanepoel, Named GP Child and Adult Safeguarding – 0191 293 1194
- Dr Mike Vincent, Designated Doctor Safeguarding Children – 0344 811 8111
- Dr Belinda Bateman, Designated Doctor Looked After Children – 0344 811 8111
- Stephen Bruce, Designated Doctor for Child Deaths – 0344 811 8111
North Tyneside Children’s Social Care:
- Children’s social care (referrals) – 0345 2000 109
- Out of hours – 0191 200 6800
Serious case review – Harry. This serious case review was published in November 2019
Serious case review – Claire and Anne. This serious case review was published in January 2020