North Tyneside CCG is committed to ensuring that all our patients, including children and young people, are cared for in a safe and secure environment. All staff that come into contact with children, young people and their families in their work has a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We adhere to the Care Quality Commission report guidelines for Safeguarding children and:
- Ensure our staff are safe to work with children and young people by carrying out Criminal Records Bureau checks
- Have single and multi-agency policies and procedures that are up-to-date and accessible
- Deliver a comprehensive programme of safeguarding training at all levels, across the organisation to all staff.
- Make sure that safeguarding procedures are reviewed annually to keep up-to-date
If you have a concern about a vulnerable child please contact North Tyneside Chidren’s Social Care:
- Children’s social care referrals/advice – 0345 2000 109
- Out of hours – 0191 200 6800
North Tyneside Safeguarding Children Partnership website can be found here.
North Tyneside CCG Safeguarding Team contact details: 0191 2931194