All adults could be subject to abuse but some due to illness, disability, mental illness, learning disability, or frailty are less able to protect themselves and can be seen as ‘vulnerable’. North Tyneside CCG is committed to protecting these vulnerable members of the community. Following Care Quality Commission guidelines for safeguarding adults, we also:
- Ensure that all our staff are safe to work with vulnerable adults by carrying out Criminal Records Bureau checks.
- Developed a policy on Safeguarding Adults which aims to provide relevant training for all staff working with vulnerable adults, enabling them to respond appropriately and provide support if they have any concerns that a vulnerable adult is being abused.
- Are committed to working closely with the police, social services and community health staff to prevent abuse and to respond to possible situations of abuse to support the vulnerable adult and keep them safe.
If you have a concern about a vulnerable adult please contact social services on the numbers below.
North Tyneside Council Adult Social Care Safeguarding Team:
- Adult Social Care ,Gateway Team for referral contact 0191 643 2777
- Out of Hours 0191 200 6800
North Tyneside CCG
- Jan Hemingway, Head of Safeguarding – 0191 293 1194
- Adrian Dracup, Designated Nurse Safeguarding Adults – 0191 293 1194
- Trish Grant, Lead Nurse Safeguarding Children and Adults – 0191 293 1194
- Dr Riaan Swanepoel, Named GP Child and Adult Safeguarding – 0191 293 1194